Subject: [Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Mar 27 08:03:31 2007

Yes, should work. Don't have an M8 but have CV finders for 15mm, 21mm, 15D
(=22.5mm) and the 28/35 mini. The 21 has quite space outside the framelines,
at least for those not wearing glasses. If you already have the finder it's
a no brainer. If you need to purchase it first, I'd have a look at the
Russar 20mm or a Canon 19mm finder (though the second one's rather rare and
expensive). There's a Russar finder at you know where #330039404023, it's a
seller I have traded with several times and he's recommendable.
kevincameras.com has two Canons http://tinyurl.com/2ge2nb but $395 is not
really a bargain. Could as well take a new Zeiss 21mm
http://tinyurl.com/yw5lgp which costs around there.

As what Sonny says:

>The 15 is the same Viewfinder as the 21 except it has framelines.

That's NOT true I have both in my hands and just compared. the 15 is
definitely wieder than the 21 without framelines. But taping the 15 with
transparent scotch could work (so it stays usable for film).

Didier

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?)