Subject: [Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Tue Mar 27 13:26:11 2007

Oddly enough, I received the  CV 21mm finder this morning (along with a
21mm CV :-). The image size in the viewfinder is the same as the 15mm
VF, but the total view is cut off compared to the 15mm VF.
So, I put the 21mm VF on the M8, and tried to line up the frame lines in
the 21mm VF with recognizable objects. Because I wear glasses I was
unable to see both sides at the same time, but as I would expect the
15mm on the M8 captures a slightly wider view than the 21mm viewfinder.
See http://www.flickr.com/gp/69738377@N00/5q41C1
The pink lines are at about the frame of the 21mm VF.
Now all I need is a decent 28mm and I am complete. I see another CV lens
in my future.

How good is the 28/35 mini? All I have for 28mm (the 21 on an M8) is an
old Russian turret finder (which is a little dim but surprisingly good).
--
Clive
http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] CV15 on M8 - viewfinder?)