Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Wed Mar 28 05:00:00 2007

Hello,

Some of the best pictures of our children that we have were taken at
Disneyworld.  Had I not taken my "good" camera each time, these shots would
not exist.  The best "Disney" pictures I have taken were with my DSLRs.  The
best pictures of my children in magical moments were taken with a
rangefinder - those are the ones that hang on the walls of my office and in
the den.

I'm not sure where you're flying from, but in the last year I have flown
between Texas and the west coast repeatedly with an M3, M5 and/ or CLE with
a variety of lenses and there has never been an issue.  Flying in the US
with a camera bag and a hand inspection of ALL film is still a God given
right (OK, a government given right).  Unless it's changed in the past few
months, regulations state, "one carry on and a camera bag."  I've got the
link somewhere in my IE to the official government site that states this.
If no one else has it handy, I'll look it up and send it your way.  I always
print one and carry it with me when I fly, "just in case."

You will have an issue flying out of Orlando - that airport and Houston are
the two most uptight about camera gear I have yet encountered.  These are
the only two airports I've had to quote their own regulations to - and you
can imagine how much they loved that.  Houston actually refused to not x-ray
my film - and to fight it would have meant to miss our plane.  Just be sure
you give yourself enough time for hand searches.  If you do, you shouldn't
have any problems inside the US.

Jeff M