Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Mar 28 17:45:47 2007

Rei,
First, have fun which can be had in Orlando.  Second, greater Disney should
be a Harvard case study in parting folks from their money and leaving them
smiling.

Now for the serious stuff, film in reasonable quantities(say forty rolls) is
absolutely no issue on planes.  I have run Neopan 1600 multiple times
through carry on scanners with no fog or ghosting.  Second, there are some
fabulous people pictures to be had especially with a Noct; the one picture I
gave Ted was taken on Disney property.  Last, an MP and a Noct is only four
or five times heavier than your F30 and much more capable in your hands.  As
to the Vit being a weapon, if you have worries bring along the other
baseplate and a SASE big enough if the security folks have an issue.  Put
your bag through with the edge of the Vit pointing up and all will probably
be good.

Don't worry about the plane.  I just got off again with an M8 and seven
lenses and no issues at all.  Even in Frankfort they just swabbed the
cameras for explosives; maybe five minute delay.