Subject: [Leica] Re: HD to replace JPG
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Mar 28 11:19:32 2007

> Perhaps HD is the new digital - there'll be HD compatible beer cans before
> too long.

Exactly.

I will never use Microsoft's HD Photo format and will argue strenuously that
no one else should use it either. Why? Because it is covered by Microsoft
patents, and is a proprietary format. There is no excuse for becoming more
proprietary with the passage of time. DNG is more open than all of the
camera-raw formats; it is a step in the right direction. Microsoft HD Photo
is a step backwards. I hope it dies the same slow and painful death that
DIVX did, and I hope it sparks as much outrage.

Replies: Reply from bill at photobynelsch.com (Bill) ([Leica] Re: HD to replace JPG)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: HD to replace JPG)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Re: HD to replace JPG)