Subject: [Leica] Corvairs and such
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Mar 28 14:27:10 2007

Henning Wulff wrote:
Greg, the early Corvairs put a whole new meaning into 'swing axle'.
The Corvairs truly were evil handling cars at the limit. The only
thing I can think of that came close was the Triumph Herald of 'Hark
the Herald Axles Swing' fame, or rather, infamy.

I only drove a Corvair once and that was enough to convince me.  I thought
that because I was used to a Porsche (356B) I could handle the Corvair but
it was really evil.  Never drove a Herald, but I won a rally in a Spitfire
once, which was almost as bad as the Corvair.  The car's owner was afraid to
drive it and asked me to drive while he navigated.  I have no idea how we
came in first.  Must have been the navigator.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Corvairs and such)