Subject: [Leica] Crumpler "five million dollar home"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 29 15:15:58 2007

On 3/29/07 6:48 PM, "Photo Phreak" <leicam4pro@yahoo.com> typed:

> Still better than being targeted for a mugging.  I remember about a guy in
> Central Park who tried to hang onto his Leica and was nearly killed.  The
> punk
> cut him badly.  His liver was cut and he nearly died.  I think a low
> profile
> is a good idea......
>

> A smaller version used by Michael Anthony to haul one million each week
> from
> his benefactor John Beresford Tipton.
>
> Looks like you'd have your lunch in it.
> Handier than diaper bags.
>
> Mark Rabiner
> 8A/109s
> New York, NY
>
> markrabiner.com

Stupid as it sounds and is for me in new York a bag has got to be black or
I'm dead.

I've re bought the same Domke bags I used to have in blue or beige in black
from B&H they are amazingly cheap they've gone down in price. Blends in with
my black trench coat on the subway. Any "color" seems to scream out "please
mug me I am a rich idiot from the suburbs of Portland Oregon before I almost
make it off the subway alive!"
I have a MILLION DOLLARS worth of Asph APO's in here!

Now its spring. Till the next blizzard. Wont fool me I'm ready.
The wool blanket is still taped on my air conditioner.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com