Subject: [Leica] D-Lux 3 problem
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Sat Mar 31 17:39:37 2007

I got my wife a D-Lux 3 last week in NY.  It took great pictures for
almost a week.  Today the LCD stopped showing the image through the
lens.  The LCD shows the camera settings along the top and bottom
with an otherwise black LCD screen.  It will playback images in the
SD card but will not allow any new pictures to be taken.  I've tried
taking out the battery, recycling the power and trying every picture
taking mode.  Still no image of what's getting through the lens on
the LCD.  Changing camera menu options doesn't work.  And yes - I
have removed the lens cap :-)

Is this a defective camera?  Needless to say, I told my wife if she
got a Leica, it would be better than her Canon digital P&S cameras
that seem to break down on her after about a year.  At least, this
one came with a two year warranty.

Any thoughts?

Richard Clompus
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL