Subject: [Leica] IMG, Another Airplane Photo
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 23:56:52 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:49:33 -0500, "Jim Nichols" _jhnichols@bellsouth.net_
(mailto:jhnichols@bellsouth.net)   wrote

"Sonny, I think it is the same cowl and vanes, but you caught the vanes
wide
open, while I caught them completely closed."

Jim, Sonny,

I caught this Nanchang at Flabob Airport in Riverside, CA in  2000. Huge
spinner on it, much like the Russian Lavochkin fighters of  WW2.  The LaGG 5
and 7
had the same baffle arrangement as shown in your  pictures, but with large
spinners such as this one.  It probably worked  quite well in north Russia,
but
I wonder about overheating here in Southern  California.

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Aircraft/Nanchang+with+spinner
.jpg.html_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Aircraft/Nanchang+with+spinner.jpg.html)

Best Regards,