Subject: [Leica] Tivoli Model One radio
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Mon Apr 2 13:36:17 2007

If you do a little research and check bit rates you will find that HD radio
broadcasts are not even equivallent to MP3, let alone CDs.

  As more and more stations add HD, most older radios and stereo tuners will
be neartly unlistenable because of the interference ( noise ).

  Several of the first HD radios have been  of such poor quality that they
are already in the "bargain bins"

Jim Shulman <jshul@comcast.net> wrote:
  Before I'd buy any table radio, I'd make sure it had HD radio reception.
Most radio stations are now broadcasting second (and sometimes third)
channels of different audio in HD. The audio is CD-quality, and gives you a
wider variety of choices. So don't get stuck investing a hundred or two in
something that's on the verge of obsolescence.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who still buys film camera.