Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Apr 3 11:18:43 2007

David,
Now that you have selected a car I can talk about the focusing issues with
the 75 Summilux.  My guess is that the Summilux always focused a little off
but with film curl and the fact that silver emulsions are several microns
deep versus a definite plane of focus with a silicon sensor.  Also, as an
old design I suspect that some of the redder light is focusing in a
different place than say the blue light.  So, I will send one lens in to be
adjusted which I should have done ten years ago as the hood spins with a
snapped screw.

So, wait a few years and pick up an M81/2 or M9.  Your comments about the
D100 were also my general experience with the early versions from Canon and
NIkon.  The M8 has had surprisingly few problems for a new camera from a new
digital company.