Subject: [Leica] Re: new M8 IR filter report
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Apr 3 12:28:55 2007

Good eye, Henning.  I was wondering why the upper picture of the model had
a redder face when Erwin said it was taken with the filter.  Then I looked
at the turtleneck. Oops. :-)

I'm also surprised that he hasn't noticed that IR sometimes blurs
IR-reflecting things at the point of focus (even Leica mentions this). And
turns sun-lit green foliage a lighter and sometimes sickly shade. I
believe they have trees in the Netherlands, don't they? Nathan and other
Beneluxers, please confirm :-)

All in all, the filters seem a better bet to me. Then again, *not* using
an IR filter might improve shadow gradations in existing-light B&W

--Peter

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Re: new M8 IR filter report)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: new M8 IR filter report)