Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 3 16:31:32 2007

Well, my own experience with my M8 are all positive.  The only problems so
far have been operator related, such as the flash problem, whihc turned out
to be a weak battery and a switch on the flash in the wrong position.  The
other is having a problem learning the metering pattern.  The IR problem has
been way over blown, and once you put a IR filter on the lens it dissapears.
 No other problems have surfaced what so ever.  Battery life seems very
reasonable, and my experiences with AWB have been pretty much positive, even
better than my Nikon D200.  Is it worth the money?  Only the individual can
answer that, for me, it is a very definite YES.  My only complaint, is that
I can't afford a WA like the 24 or 21 yet, probably going to be a while for
one.  ;-)

Gene