Subject: [Leica] Another show! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Apr 4 12:34:34 2007

Kenneth Frazier offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Another show! :-)

>>>What's surprising is that I almost always feel like a rank amateur,
and I suppose I am, in a way, since I never took a course, just
looked at a lot of photos, read a few books, and knew what I wanted
to make.<<<<

Padre,
To some degree that's the best way to learn!! Sometimes if we are taught by
a "so called expert" we get a little help, but quite often we're taught all
the "bad habits and stuff" of the so called professional! :-(

Something along the lines of.... "Those who can, do. Those who can't.....
teach!"

My number one son Ted jnr. Is in the education profession, a very fine
teacher and motivator of students. So when I say that and he's around I have
to duck!

But your method of learning is quite similar as my own. So two of us can't
be wrong! After all you've the bonus of being a Padre! ;-) All I've done is
prayer hard at times when things got a tad wild during an assignment.

It was keep my butt down and prayer hard! ;-) And the good thing too or I'd
not likely being typing this. :-)

Good luck again with the exhibition as I know it'll be great a fine feather
in your cap as a photographer.
ted

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] IMG AstonMartin)