Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Apr 4 14:01:34 2007

At 04:40 PM 4/4/2007, you wrote:
>Unfortunately the second rate bean counters and art director photo editors
>know this, but they don't care because.... "Charlie the super whiz on the
>PhotoShop machine can do wonders with anything and make it look great!"
>
>And that folks along with the every body digi shooter so called photographer
>combined with dumb ass editor art directors is why we're in this situation!
>
>Put all that aside.....and I'd rather be a photojournalist doing what I love
>with a passion, "documenting a situation!"
>ted

You are absolutely right, Ted, but I feel sorry for the
photojournalists coming along today who can't afford to feed a family
on what they earn.  The News Photographer Magazine of NPPA is full of
stories of photographers being laid off and fired as the bean
counters find free photos that are "good enough".  The whole
profession is suffering from a lack of expectation of quality.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A good while ago)