Subject: [Leica] IMG AstonMartin
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Apr 7 08:24:01 2007

Jerry,

We are both partially correct.  The prominent Lucas label and part number
seen when the hood is raised is on the vacuum booster assembly of the power
brake system, not electrical at all.  Most of the electrical components are
buried so deeply that it is impossible to determine their origin.  The
alternator appears to be by Bosch.  The Delco battery, installed "new" by
the local Caddie dealer when the car came off lease program, was my main
source of frustration.  After recharging the battery a number of times when
the car had been unused for a couple of weeks, and blaming the problem on
the On-Star system and other things that stay powered on full-time, I dumped
the Delco battery and installed a high quality replacement from AutoZone.
The problem went away permanently.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA