Subject: [Leica] large format Ektachrome scans?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Apr 11 17:38:19 2007

On 4/11/07 5:24 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

> I have about a dozen 8x10 Ektachromes that I produced with a rented Sinar P
> about 15 years ago. I'd like to get them scanned. I don't know anybody who
> has
> a scanning service that can do 8x10 Ektachromes. Do you?

I have this theory that such a thing could be scanned on a 99 dollar
scanner. An 8x10 sheet of film. If there was a transparency lit on it.
That theory could be wrong.

But a good chance of it being not too far off scanning not over developed
negs or otherwise overly dense. Which a transparency easily could be.
I think the image obtained in the print would surpass those obtained with a
$40,000 digital back. At a savings of $39,901. Which you can go around the
world on in a luxury liner on and have caviar every day for lunch. Play
shuffleboard with carbon fiber sticks.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY