Subject: [Leica] RE: Hi and bummer story
From: ylshih at earthlink.net (Yin Shih)
Date: Wed Apr 11 22:35:31 2007

Not sure, I tried it both ways.  Plug charger in first then battery or plug
in battery then plug in charger, it's dead either way.  If the order matters
so that it causes the charger to short out and die, then I would consider it
a design defect.

I also tried the batteries as is, but there doesn't seem to be enough charge
out of the box to start up the camera.

It would be nice if the USB plug could be used to charge the battery in
camera (they do that for cell phones), then you wouldn't even need a
separate charger except for spare battery packs.  I guess that's a wish list
item for the M9.

Rich has been advised and will try to get Leica to overnight a charger to me
tomorrow, but I don't think that will be in time for the trip since it would
still arrive Friday and I leave early.

Oh well.  That's what I get for holding off :(.

Yin