Subject: [Leica] B&W Processing Turnaround, Providers
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Apr 12 04:36:39 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 11:46 AM, J. Newell wrote:

> What are other people doing for B&W processing, other than doing it
> at home?  What kind of turnaround time, what quality issues (if any)?

Hi, John,

You've gotten several responses about BW400CN and Ilford XP2.  I use
the former almost exclusively, but on occasion use the Ilford film,
and like it.  It seems to scan a bit differently, but I still get
great results with it.

The only problem I have is in getting my 120 BW400CN processed.
There is only one shop convenient to me that processes 120
chromogenic film, and they're having problems with the
processor....roller marks and gunk on the negatives.

So, I'm picking up a Jobo ATL 1000 in a few weeks, complete with all
accessories, for $75.00, from a film lab that's going all digital.

But, I'll still probably use the 400CN films.  I really like the look.

Now, if i could still get Kodak Panatomic-X,......

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Home Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/