Subject: [Leica] More pictures with / without IR cut filter and lens codes off and on
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri Apr 13 06:31:57 2007

Yeah, but look how much more shadow detail there is without the IR
filter!!!!  I have been wondering whether the extended IR sensitivity
would bring higher effective ISO and shadow detail in available
light.  Your pics show it!

Why don't you try doing grey scale conversions of both indoor shots,
and I'll bet you like it without the IR filter better.

Tom Schofield

On Apr 13, 2007, at 6:05 AM, Howard Cummer wrote:

> Hi Luggers,
> I have added two more pictures to the set, this time under tungsten
> light, at the 28mm setting of the Tri Elmar with IR cut filter on
> and off the lens; and coded lens detection on with filter and off
> with no filter. Details are given with the two lamp pictures.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/UV+IR+Code+Pix/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/34xub4

*   *   *