Subject: [Leica] Portrait monitor advice
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri Apr 13 10:56:09 2007

Hi TIna,

If you can find a store that can demonstrate the Eizo Coloredge
monitors, go in for a demo.  I had heard they were supposed to be the
closest LCD to a CRT.  Keeble & Schuchat gave my wife and I a demo
(when I was trying to sell her on the need for a new printer),
comparing them to the Apple monitors, and the difference is
surprising!  The Apple, and most other monitors, process internally
at 8 bit, and the Eizo at a higher bit rate (10 or 12 I think), so
there is significantly reduced color banding.  It's pretty obvious
with the right image on the screen.  They had both monitors hooked up
to the same computer, side by side.  They cost more, though.  $1200
for a 21" and 1600 for a 24".   But then again, the Apple 30" is the
price of the Eizo 24" at the new Educational pricing.

Tom Schofield

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Portrait monitor advice)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Portrait monitor advice)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Portrait monitor advice)