Subject: [Leica] Portrait monitor advice
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Apr 13 11:07:57 2007

Tina, I got this one because I thought it was good value for money. Quite a
lot of connectivity and other features. The area is very
good for photoshop work. That is, enough room for menus etc and still very
good picture size. I have had no difficulty calibrating
mine for brightness nor colour. I use an older Spyder. Because of the size
and due to the nature of the display there is quite
noticeable brightness shift off centre. Almost all of them do that. The
Eizo's are the only exception that I have personally seen.
However I find that I can use it without difficulty and it works well for
soft proofing. Previously I had dual monitors  but this is
more convenient as far as space and setup with Windows operation. Having
said that, it is not as good as a dedicated high end
graphics monitor. It doesn't claim to be. I would rate it as a very good
value and featured general purpose monitor.  The native
resolution is high at 1920 x 1200. So picture size is very good. That does
make for small on screen text. You can adjust that font
size to make up for that. I'd buy Eizo if I could justify it and afford the
top models.

Cheers
Hoppy, who's awake at 4:00 am for some reason.