Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy pic
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 16 11:35:03 2007

On 4/16/07 4:30 AM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> Folks this cloudscape is shot from a family member's backyard.
>
> The lovely 28 asph on Provia 100F.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/50+4.jpg.html>
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3domew
>

> As always comments and critiques are welcome.
>

> Cheers
>
> Hoppy

I was going to try to be funny and say that a cloudscape should not have
land. I do think of them that way. Blue and white. No green and brown. In
this case it would have not worked as humor (the comedy is not funny
concept) as the bottom part below the horizon, the landscape part is so
critical to the image. In this case I kind of feel like as nice as the
clouds are the green stuff the fields and trees and grass and so on are as
nice; nicer.
All and all this works as one of the nicest landscapes I've seen in a long
time.
You've got your trees.
You've got your sky.
You've got your cant be beat horizon line.
And the stuff that's in there, all three components
...can't be beat.

Landscapes like the Flowerscapes we so often see on the LUG are so difficult
because in so many cases one feels you be better off being there; than
looking at a picture of it later someone does.
Is this framed image of it better than IT? (Is what I always ask myself).
In this case YES. This image would be more effective than being there
freezing my but off with my Starbucks in my hand and my camera in my car.
Just a one in a million image. Stupendous shot.

I'd trade you a print of a babe or whatever for print of this anyday.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com