Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple's "Color" application - looks too useful to just be in FCP Studio
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Apr 16 13:55:23 2007

Those of you who follow both video/film production as well as
photography may have noticed that Apple released Final Cut Studio
yesterday. Nothing there, really, for Leica folks (unless Leica is
going to release an HD video camera...as unlikely as, well I was going
to say something about George Bush and intelligence but it was just
too easy) but there's a new application inside FCP called "Color" that
looks way too useful if migrated to the still photography realm, say
inside Aperture 2.0, to be ignored. Doing real-time color correction
over parts of an image without layers looks pretty slick.

Now SOMEONE on this list, a year or more ago, talked about a high-end
film application that did its work on selected image areas without the
layer metaphor. If you're still around maybe you'll raise your hand
and tell me what that application is because I can't find it anymore.
Color just seems TOO neat and too useful not to be of interest to
white-room photographers. Or maybe I'm just dazzled by the
reality-distortion-field.

Adam