Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy pic
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Apr 16 15:38:54 2007

Thanks for looking gentlemen. The horizon line is of course, a sloping
ridge, however the houses are not level as Tom pointed out. I
shot handheld with just the 28 frame-lines in the .72 finder. For me these
are very difficult to see and I normally use an external
finder. I was referencing from a foreground fence line (just out of shot).
In hindsight fences on sloping blocks are not necessarily
level! My excuse for the leaning houses is that my initial assessment to not
crop at all was with the ground almost entirely in
silhouette. I made a last minute shadow adjustment and the houses became
more visible.
I'll repost.

Although I like the brightness and clarity of the M finder, I find that as a
left eyed shooter I am often about 1 degree
down-sloped. I think it is a function of not being able to hold the camera
squarely against my face. Oddly it didn't seem to be an
issue with SLRs. Maybe I made a mental correction with those over the years.
It doesn't happen with other optics such as telescopes
either.

Cheers
Hoppy