Subject: [Leica] Integrity is the first casualty
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Apr 18 18:42:21 2007

Harrison,
Interesting viewpoint as I had lunch with Tom Johnson today.  He showed me a
picture of President Johnson grabbing his raincoat with McNamara and a group
of Russians including the Soviet Premier and the head of the KGB.  It ran on
the front page of the NY Times with the head line of "President Johnson
stops the press conference to confer with aide"  The reality was that
President Johnson was telling Tom that unless he stopped the d$%mn
photographers from taking pictures he would go back inside.  The news
doesn't change.