Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Apr 20 06:15:55 2007

FWIW: On October 1, 2006, I moved from one law firm to another law firm.
  The move took me exactly across the street. Same zip code. From 119 N.
Robinson Avenue to 211 N. Robinson Avenue.

I filled out and handed in two Change of Address cards to the USPS.  I
also notified them of my change of address online, for which they
charged me $1.00 (and they then made money by selling my new address to
various advertisers, who promptly mailed me "Welcome to your New
Neighborhood" offers.

But would they forward my mail?

No.

After numerous inquiries and complaints I was given a page out of the
postal manual that said, in essence, unless EVERYONE at the old address
moved to the new address, they would not forward mail for just one
individual.

But wait: all of sudden they have just now started forwarding SOME mail
addressed to 'Robert D. Baron Lawyer P.C.' (that's my professional
corporation).  But not all of it. For the rest, I just stop in at my old
office once or twice a week to say hello and pick up whatever mail might
be waiting there for me (now mostly ads, but as a lawyer I have to be
careful not to miss any important notices that might affect me or my
clients).

Bottom line: is Brian's fiasco the sole fault of the USPS?  Could well
possibly be.

Is that an excuse?  No.

Given Brian's history with Leica they should have taken his word and
honored the passport warranty without even thinking twice.

My .02.

--Bob