Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri Apr 20 12:14:58 2007

Or Italy.  None of that "Neither rain nor sleet nor gloom of
night ..." stuff.  If the kid on the moped has too much to carry, it
doesn't all get delivered.  And what doesn't get delivered one day
doesn't get added to the next day's either.  And if it rains hard,
don't bother walking to the mail box.  USPS warns that they have no
control once they hand over the sack at the airport.  Even UPS warns
that it ends up in the hands of UPS Italy after the plane lands.  We
sent christmas presents to our son via UPS.  Several weeks later, he
finally got someone to actually look for it, and the package had been
sitting in a warehouse a couple of kilometers from his apartment.  No
second or third delivery attempts.  None of those attempted delivery
postcards either.  I also spoke to a woman who had been on an
archaeological dig in Italy.  She was convinced that someone in the
PO there had developed a taste for her mother's cookies.

Tom

Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)