Subject: [Leica] Polarizing filter
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Mon Apr 23 09:31:27 2007

I have used the swing out polarizers with various lenses on my M4.  I swing
the filter in front of the viewfinder, asjust for effect, swing it back in
front of the lens.

  For exposure only one technique seems to work best.   Bracket   Meters are
not universally reliable with filters.  CDs ( MR 4 ) do not always have the
same spectral sensitivity as we expect, and can sometimes be sensitive to
polarization as well.

  The effects of polarizing filters also vary with the angle of the sun in
relation to the axis of the lens.  On one occasion a polarizer turned a
clear blue sky unbelievable dark in a color shot.

Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net> wrote:
        <<<  SNIP  >>>

Others on this List more regularly use polarizers
than do I and really ought to speak up.

Marc

" If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking "
                                                             George S. Patton

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.