Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander 12
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Apr 25 08:13:14 2007

Is your EOS 16mm a rectilinear lens or a semi fisheye?

I found that when you go ultra wide, the 1 mm differences are really
important.  The 15 is pretty wide, and tiny.  The 12 is a lot
larger ( still small by other lens criteria) and uses a smaller finder.

Having said that, the 15 is a carry around lens all the time.  The 12 is
large enough that I would be hesitant to carry it around
for fear of weight or size in the bag.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Ok...I am thinking about buying this lens.  Do those of you who have it
like it?  From what I have read it is a very nice little lens, and I
admit the radical POV of a 12 intrigues me.  I have a 16 for my EOS so I
am not too interested in the VC 15, if I am going to go wide, I want
even wider than what I already have.

Thanks for any input as to the quality/fun of this lens.  If you have
some sample photos I'd love to see them also.

Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Voigtlander 12)