Subject: [Leica] Strange M8 artifact
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Apr 25 18:34:50 2007

At 08:20 PM 4/25/2007, you wrote:

>This brings up one reason why I think the M8 has taken such
>a  blasting for being a poor camera...it was released with issues no
>worse than most new digital cameras have had...the problem with
>Leica is they are so late to the game most other makers have moved
>past these growing pains and now people are far less tolerant than
>they were a mere 5 years ago.
>Note I am not bashing the M8, merely pointing out why I think it has
>gotten such a bad rap where the 1D, D1X, D2 and others did not.

You are right, Harrison, and that is the reason that those of us who
have used other digital cameras and learned to work with them really,
really love the M8!  We are not coming straight from a film camera
with all sorts of expectations but we've learned to use digital
camera first and realize how wonderful it is to be able to use a
digital rangefinder camera that uses our M lenses!  My expectations
were high for the lenses and the rangefinder.  I've learned to work
with the digital.  I'm happy. ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com