Subject: [Leica] NPR comments on photography
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Thu Apr 26 07:33:02 2007

One last, parting thought on the subject -- Another way of looking at
the issue, from the consumer's point of view, is that part of the
beauty of the image is the perfection of the skill (sometimes luck)
of the photographer in capturing the decisive moment.  A couple of
examples that come to mind are the WWII soldier caught at the moment
of impact of the bullet (admittedly luck!) or the fishing Grizzly
caught with the jumping salmon between the jaws, just before he
closes them (was that  Wolfe?).  They just wouldn't have the same
impact if you knew they were faked.  It diminishes the image itself.

Tom