Subject: [Leica] Re: Opening bell
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Apr 26 14:15:15 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Brian wrote:

> In the village of Kirimati, in the country of Kiribati, it
> is just after sunrise (06:01) on Friday, so the Leica
> Users Group 'For-sale Friday' is officially open for
> business.

I just saw a PBS Special on Global Warming that predicted that
Kirimati, along with Bangladesh, will be among the first countries to
be submerged if the sea level continues to rise. Perhaps we should
start looking around for another country with higher elevation and
near the International Dateline to serve as the symbolic opening
bell. Any suggestions? According to  Al Gore, we only have a couple
of years.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Opening bell)
Reply from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] Re: Opening bell)