Subject: Re: [Leica] %¤#! Adobe and UPS
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 08:48:37 2007

I recently shipped a couple of six or seven-pound packages to Britain and
elsewhere in Europe...

And because buyers --everywhere--resist high-priced shipping costs, I
checked UPS, DHL and FedEx before deciding on the US Post Office because it
has  by
far the least expensive price...All of these shippers deliver fast,  meaning
within a few days to a week at most...

>From memory, UPS, DHL and FedEx all charged more than $115 usd in this
instance...The US Post Office charged roughly $55 usd...So the buyers chose
UPS
air parcel post...

The least-expensive price to Europe is surface mail {by boat} via  the US
Post Office but very slow and to date I have had only one request  for boat
shipment, meaning that --within reason-- European buyers will pay for  fast
delivery...

In the United States, the US Post Office still beats UPS by far-- except on
packages over 5 pounds, which appears to be not only fast with UPS but
competitive with the Post Office.

Of course, if you're willing to pay over $100 usd for FedEx or DHL to
deliver a $50usd item, I'll be glad to oblige...regards, bob

In a message dated 4/27/2007 11:20:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lucien_vd@mac.com writes:

Daniel,

I always insist that they use UPS to send me goods in  Belgium,
specially from the US.

It's the best.

DHL and  USPS are the worst. Usually it take them 3 to 5 more days to
deliver  to my office in Brussels (open all day).

Lucien