Subject: Re: [Leica] %¤#! Adobe and UPS
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Apr 27 09:19:19 2007

The big, high-volume shippers like Amazon and B&H etc must get a great
deal on UPS and FedEx Ground because their prices for small items are
often more expensive to ship via US Postal Service which is absolutely
contrary to my own experience. We ship via Priority Mail (in the US)
with virtually absolute reliability (i'll get a delivery confirmation
if I feel I need to ever ask about a package) and there's only been a
sparse handful of times when there's been an issue with a package
taking more than 3 days. Usually between large metro areas it's 2 days
UNLESS it has to deal with the Oakland, CA distribution center and
then, well, all bets are off. I think that place is run by bums or
drug addicts or something because it can be a black hole into which
even queries don't escape -- and that's what our local postmaster told
me on a particularly bad day when entire bags of bulk mail had gone
missing there for more than a month. But that's another story...

Adam