Subject: [Leica] Strange visitors to my neck of the woods
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun Apr 29 18:29:50 2007

Adam--

Davis, Calif, and Winters too! Thanks for the flash of nostalgia. I
lived in Vacaville from 1975-'78 while doing my residency in internal
medicine at David Grant USAF Med Cen at Travis AFB.

(The only "turkeys" I saw during that time were a certain few
"frequent flyers"--down-and-out, hard-drinkin', heavy-smokin'
veterans who used the hospital as a sort of resort for a rest cure
from time to time.)

That was my first experience with California and it made me into a
confirmed Caliphile. Always wished I could return to live there but
got married to a Caliphobe. My revenge came when I retired from the
USAF and took a position in Toledo, where we have lived ever since
(15 years, 9 months, and 13 days).

--howard