Subject: [Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Apr 30 19:38:32 2007

I found Jeffery's tale of fogged film embarassing and disappointing, all the
more so since it occurred in my local airport.  It's also surprising, since
I find New Mexico and especially Albuquerque to be lacking in the sense of
paranoia that has developed nationally since 9/11.  We have lots of nuclear
goodies in this state and city, with Los Alamos, Sandia Labs, Kirtland AFB,
White Sands Missile Base, the Trinity Site, etc., but still I have never
been challenged when out shooting (cameras) and the airport has always been
a piece of cake.  I think Jeffery is right in that he had the bad fortune to
catch a particularly ill-mannered security guard.

On a different note, although I didn't attend the LHSA meeting (not a
member), I did drive up to SF from Albuquerque for the LUG dinner and got to
meet Jeffery, Mark Rabiner, Greg Lorenzo, Brian Reid, Peter Choy and a few
others.  That was definitely worth the effort and I regret not having a
chance to spend more time with the group.  Maybe next time.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot)