Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 15 cropped
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 1 21:14:55 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007 10:29:00 +1000, G Hopkinson _hoppyman@bigpond.net.au_
(mailto:hoppyman@bigpond.net.au)  wrote:
"Please  expand on your comments. I'm sure that Ira and I would be very
interested."

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:36:56 ?0500, George Lottermoser _imagist3@mac.com_
(mailto:imagist3@mac.com)  replied:
    "I found the shapes, lines and textures in the  foreground quite
interesting and leading my eye into the frame...."

As expected, I found this discussion most interesting and a microcosm of
the
value of LUG membership.  George's comments led me to do a small
experiment.
 Looking at them at normal LUG Gallery size, I found myself  partial to the
cropped version.  However, enlarging and viewing at a size  that fills the
screen, I think the original version starts to shine.  I had  a few
associates
look at the pair and that was the general consensus. In the  end, I guess
size
matters ;-).

BTW, George, the Back Bay I've been photographing is in Newport Beach,
California.  Although I only spent a few days in Wisconsin (Fox River
Area), I do
understand why you love it.  I had only a few free hours,  and used them to
make a bee line to Oshkosh and the EAA Museum.  But next  time I have the
opportunity to visit,....

Best regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA