Subject: [Leica] Printers
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed May 2 09:59:06 2007

The clogging with those printers,designed for dye inks, using pigments
can be avoided easily enough. *DON'T *Let them sit for long periods
without use. I just cleared up a problem on my pigment loaded 1270 with
a couple of cleaning cycles. The difference in price between MIS inks
and Epson's is enough to keep me in the after market market. The quality
and longevity of pigment inks is another plus. As far as the printing
heads being in the ink cartridge? The fact that Epson has be miles ahead
of the other leading brands has been attributed to the head design. One
other thing, the 2200 series was designed for pigments. Heck of a good
machine and capable of black only printing. The 2400 is supposed to be
great but can't print black only.

Walt  (now clogless in Florida :-) )