Subject: [Leica] RE: Sign of the Times
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Wed May 2 13:42:02 2007

Message: 18
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:58:21 -0400
From: Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@cox.net>
Subject: [Leica] A sign of the times
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>

On Tuesday I drove to "Lakeside Camera", one of the larger photographic
supply stores in the metropolitan area. They no longer stock darkroom
supplies.

The ship appears to be pulling away from the dock.....
--
Jeffery

------------------------------
Jeffery,

That is a shame. I was one of their earliest customers at the original
location. I bought a Koni-Omega 100 and a Pentax 6x7 many moons ago. The
cameras are gone, but I still have a tripod I bought at Lakeside Camera.
Jeffery, you say one of the larger supply stores. Besides Bennett's down
the street, who else is left? I could stroll down memory lane...the K&B
camera store upstairs on Canal Street, Alfredo's, Liberty, St. Charles
Camera (I still have my first Komura LTM purchased there new),
Moldaner's, etc., etc.

It's no surprise that specialized film & darkroom supplies are
disappearing from New Orleans. A lot of things have disappeared from New
Orleans post-Katrina including me. I reckon the internet has as much to
do with it as anything else. It's too easy to have things shipped to
your door.

Hang in there! I appreciate your visions of a city I called home for an
eon or so.

Cheers, Wayne