Subject: [Leica] Results of April 2007 LUG photo contest
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu May 3 07:25:57 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 2:15 AM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> Actually I'd much rather see some discussion or critiques on the
> pictures, any pictures, especially during the month or from the
> judges at the end on their six choices. Seems crazy to post maybe
> our best efforts but no-one is talking about the pictures apart
> from a few "well dones" afterwards. While the pics are anonymous
> seems perfect to me. I don't know if anyone else feels the same
> way. I think that Steve Barbour agrees.

I sure do...

further...

My congratulations on the many fine photos in the April contest...

A couple of mine did OK... but why ? re... Hot lips... I almost
didn't submit it, feeling it was pretty weak...

I shoot and edit totally by instinct ...  sadly no formula, no plan,
and no formal training...

I know what I like, but I can't hold a candle to the many fine
photographers here...I'd like to learn.

I agree that the absence of discussion of the photos, and critiques
from the judges, weaken a contest that has a lot of potential...

Steve