Subject: [Leica] pictures from Cuba/now also street photography
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu May 3 10:14:40 2007

Looking into his work (again, since it was pointed out by another LUG
member some time ago), I found a beautiful quote of him about street
photography on the Magnum website:

"I only know how to approach a place by walking. For what does a
street photographer do but walk and watch and wait and talk, and then
watch and wait some more, trying to remain confident that the
unexpected, the unknown, or the secret heart of the known awaits just
around the corner."

This reflects very much what I think of street photography: a street
photographer is an observer that has the ability to catch what
unfolds in front of his eyes and what will be recognized as something
unique by others.
I don't see what his own emotion has to do with that. Sensibility and
receptiveness, yes, but that is not entirely the same, is it?

Philippe

Op 3-mei-07, om 00:16 heeft Harrison McClary het volgende geschreven: