Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Sun May 6 08:37:14 2007

The Summaron is a very good lens, even by today's standards.
I had a very early 35mm Elmar to match my 2.8cm Hektor for that
period look. It's didn't work for me, unfortunatelly. Too much glare,
and too broad a separation between the highlights and shadows in
Southern CA. It is beyond the range of these lenses.
I wound up selling the Elmar to a Japanese dealer. With the proceeds
I bought the Summaron and a 50mm Elmar, a coated version.
Now if I  could only sell the Hektor, I'll be happy.

S. Dimitrov