Subject: [Leica] Matthew ICU Update
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Mon May 7 16:08:42 2007

Many thanks for all your heartfelt comments, on Matt's car accident,
and the photos of the events.

The incident is under investigation by the police, but there was an
ice cream truck, excited children, and an allegedly speeding car
involved.  So we shall see how it unfolds.

It appears that Matt must have had a glancing blow only, but the spin
and subsequent impact with the ground caused some internal bleeding,
which stopped yesterday.  Following an MRI and a detailed CAT Scan it
appears there is no damage to the Cervical vertebrae and the balance
of the spine is normal, fluids are normal.  There is some ligament
stretching, although we are told no tears.

He is staying for a few days at Sick Kids, just to be sure, but my
daughter reports he is now eating and drinking normally and is up,
playing with some friends.

The photos served a wonderful purpose, it was something that had to
be photographed, a memory that hopefully will never be repeated, but
is part of his life.  I also sent them to his younger sister, staying
with a friend, who had witnessed the accident and was very worried.
Evidently the photos reassured her and prepared her to meet her
brother today.

I do appreciate the warmth of this great group of people.

Hugh