Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Thu May 10 08:49:16 2007

All of this talk reminds me of the talk about the R8 when it first came
out.  Some said it was a piece of junk, others swore vehemently that it
was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I got one...it failed on so
many occasions leaving me high and dry on assignment that I sold all
Leica R gear and went Canon for my SLR.

I think there are enough reports of these issues for there to be enough
concern that I will not buy one for a working camera.  Sorry, but I
learned my lesson on Leica and new electronics the hard way.

I'll shoot my M6es with film and when I gotta have that shot and it is
digital I will turn to my EOS 1DII and 5D, two cameras that have never
ever let me down.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography