Subject: [Leica] Scanning HELP
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri May 11 15:55:02 2007

Hi Luis,

No question the Epson software is giving you the best image quality.
In photo #1 the view on my monitor is the same as yours. I am
surprised at the loss of detail with Vuescan and Silverfast.

I can see your problem, especially since a lot of your photos have
deep shadows. If it were me I would stay with the Epson software and
try to bring up the detail in the shadows with Photoshop. Have you
tried to adjust the image using the Shadow/Highlight? It looks like
you would not have to make a big adjustment and you maintain the
detail in the Epson. Give it a try. I'll try your photo on my
computer as well.

Regards,
Len