Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 18 - Woody Woodpecker
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 11 22:42:33 2007

I wanted to take a moment to thank Frank, Hoppy, Jeff, and especially Len
and Doug for their comments and suggestions regarding my attempts at bird
photography.  They are most certainly appreciated and represent a lesson
borne of
experience that is priceless.

Such is the value of the LUG.

I've started last evening and this to try manual focusing and holding the
ISO below 400.  It's not as easy as it sounds.  I moved to Leica
photography
largely because I had trouble fine focusing on a groundglass.   And in 1970,
my
eyes were that much younger!

Nuttall's Woodpecker made a brief appearance tonight, but this time he was
quicker than I was.   But next time....

Best regards, and thanks again,

Ira