Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 17
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 11 22:58:57 2007

Thank you Ric, Luis and Phillipe for looking and commenting.

PAW 17 was taken in an upscale area of $700K to $1.2M homes.  That  still
doesn't stop developers from putting up strip malls with bus-stops and
billboards across the street.  It hasn't happened yet here in Irvine, but I
suspect
its just a matter of time.

Luis, I would second the recommendations already made for a dedicated  35mm
film scanner in the $600 range.  Given the small size of the negative  I
think
you'll notice an immediate improvement.  I don't think scanners in  that
range
have Digital ICE, but I also find it unnecessary as long as the  negatives
are kept clean.  I adjust my scanner (Minolta Scan Elite) to  avoid any
clipping
and make all my adjustments in Photoshop.  B&W  negatives are scanned as RGB
files and converted to monochrome in PS using the  Channel Mixer.  I've been
very happy with the results.

Phillipe, Congratulations on the new camera.  It's a beauty.   There's no
getting over the size of a DSLR, but the ergonometrics are very good  and it
will
become an extension of yourself.  Enjoy it!

Best regards,

Ira

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 17)