Subject: [Leica] IMG:Summitar color vs BW
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue May 15 16:47:21 2007

That?s very good Len!

I'm looky to have a Summitar too!
Saludos
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Leonard Taupier
Enviado el: lunes, 14 de mayo de 2007 2:20
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: [Leica] IMG:Summitar color vs BW

I was just playing around in my front yard taking a few sots with the
M8 and Summitar.

The next two images are the same except the BW photo is simply the color
shot desaturated in CS2. There is no post processing of either picture
except for the desaturation. I thought it was interesting to see the
Summitar images in color and BW and which photo is better shot with the
Summitar.

Photo: M8, Summitar at f8, ISO 160, WB daylight.

Color

http://tinyurl.com/2dwmsr

BW

http://tinyurl.com/27qenk

Comments are welcome. As I only shoot color in my M8, is there a better way
to convert to BW? All my BW photos are with film since I like the look of
film and I enjoy my own developing and using older cameras and lenses.

Len