Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar and Lens Coding
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun May 20 07:08:33 2007

Perchance, the first model 3E?  ( 55mm Filter)

Are you sure the VF Selector is getting set correctly, and far enough to
register?  ( A problem many first model lens owners have
experienced....)

Note... the coding tells the camera it is a 3E, the VF selector tells the
camera which FL is set.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I just got my Tri-Elmar (28-35-50) back from being coded by Leica.

The M8 recognizes and records when the lens is set to 28 and 35, but
doesn't record the 50 mm setting correctly.  It lists it as a 35 mm.

Anyone else have this problem?

How does it do this anyway?

BTW, the B&W UV/IR filter works perfectly with the UV/IR setting.
There is no cyan vignetting at all.

Regards,
Bob Rose